I’ll have to admit that this award is intimidating to me ONLY because they take so much time to ask and answer specific questions. However, someone I admire VERY much, Comely Miss, nominated me and I love her AND am honored that she thought of me… so here I am again! Feel free to skip this post because I’m positive you’re all sick and tired of hearing all the fun facts about myself. lol I won’t know the difference and I know you all really love me, right? lol
Here are the rules:
1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
Now the 11 facts about me.
1. It’s getting extremely hard for me to come up with anything new and this is hurting my brain.
2. My first “love” was named Pete and when he broke up with me, I started dating someone who looked a lot like him and his name was ALSO Pete. Pete #2 became the father of my oldest daughter.
3. I am an EXTREMELY strong woman who’s personality sometimes is intimidating to others, or so I’ve been told.
4. I’m not very proud of this but I like to smoke. I don’t ever smoke in the house or enclosed enviroments and I respect others right NOT to breath my smoke. I try to hide when I’m outside in a public place.
5. I appreciate art but am not good at it. I can spend ALL day at the art museum.
6. One of my favorite places to go EVER is the Smoky Mountains. I could live in a mountain cabin, away from everyone.
7. I’m a VERY social antisocial person
8. I’ve been very blessed to have my husband’s family in Texas. They’ve shown me unconditional love and are teaching me to show unconditional love. Sounds like a no brainer for most people but I wasn’t raised with anything CLOSE to unconditional love and sometimes I put too much pressure to be perfect on my own children. Here’s some pics of my family in Texas 🙂 They ALWAYS make me smile!
This is Bobby, our cousin. He doesn’t know it but he’s one of my hero’s. He’s just a regular man who is probably one of the most funny people I know. He’s studying to be a preacher but you’d never know it. He’s so non judging.
Bobby’s wife and our cousin Netta. She’s always annoyed with me for snapping pictures. lol Another very strong woman and so accepting. She’s a role model for me 🙂
My sister in law Lisa and her husband Stace 🙂 Love them both so much! Lisa is the stereotypical Southern Belle and exudes LOVE. She’s just like her mama. When you’re around these people, you feel like you’ve always been in their family.
9. In July of last year, I came very near to death. After I was released from the hospital I had a dream that God told me I was supposed to go to a hot spring. I woke up and told my husband that I needed to go to Hot Springs Arkansas so he packed us up on THAT day and we went. I spent a day at the hot spring bath house and drank the mineral water. I was barely able to walk when we arrived in Hot Springs. By the time we left, I was SO much better. I believe I was really supposed to be there and drink the waters. Crazy I know but it worked.
Here’s the view from our hotel room in Hot Springs.
The bath house we spent the day in. Awesome place.
10. The only time of year that my mom’s enormous family gets together is at Easter. She came from a family of 10 kids and between them and all of us grandkids and now great grandchildren… there has to be 100 of us who gather at my cousins house. I look very forward to seeing all my aunts and cousins every year. Oh and EVERYONE is a fantastic cook so the food is something EVERYONE would be jealous of 🙂
11. I’m having issues with “aging gracefully”. I mean I believe in aging gracefully BUT, in all honesty, if I had the money to have a complete makeover (plastic surgery)… I probably would. I know, vain. Honest though 🙂
Here are the questions that Comely Miss wants me to answer:
♣ What caused you to start blogging? (I like this question, so I’m keeping it!)
Okay, I started blogging for a site called Vox and I LOVED the sense of community! Sadly, Vox went away but I missed it and couldn;t get the same feeling on FB (although I love my fb friends). I finally found WP a few moths ago and LOVE it 🙂
♣ What career did you think you’d pursue while you were growing up?
I thought I would be a psychologist. I also PROMISED myself that I would open up an abused women and children’s shelter. I have done work for some of these but I’m going to keep my promise, I think. One day, before I die I WILL open up one of these homes. I think it’s my destiny.
♣ Who do you think has had the biggest influence on your life?
Sadly, I think my mother has had the biggest influence on my life. I was CONSTANTLY trying to receive her love and her pride. I always, without fail, fell short of making her proud. I viewed her as perfect and knew that if I could EVER do 1 thing that would make her REALLY love me and be proud of me, I would have succeeded. That never happened. I feel like I’ve wasted WAY too much time not loving myself because I always felt like I didn’t deserve to be loved. If your mother can’t love you, there MUST be something wrong, right? The problem lies with her, not me. However, I feel pretty good about myself that I finally figured that out.
♣ What kind of games do you like to play? (I don’t care if it’s video, board, or mind games, I’m just curious. )
I LOVE playing LIFE with my daughter and grew up playing board games. Sometimes, I secretly play WOW (shhhhh… don’t tell), I loved Diablo and still love playing UNO, Skipbo, Yatzee and Dominos. I pretty much just like playing games. Oh and there Apples to Apples and Pictionary 🙂
♣ What is your favorite movie?
This is hard. Sound of Music? Breakfast at Tiffany’s? Gone with the WiInd? Beasts of the Southern Wild? Wizard of OZ? It’s a Wonderful Life? I just have so many 🙂
♣ How did you meet your husband/wife/significant other?
I actually met Ben online. American Singles. I didn;t want to meet another man in a bar! lol Although I’m not entirely sure online dating is any better, from what I’m seeing on TV these days. lol It worked out for us though! I met him when online dating was kind of new in the early 2000’s. I don;t think the weirdo’s perfected the games they played with people. I wonder, now, if I were single, what the best way to meet people is? It’s ALL scary!
♣ Have you ever had any “unusual” pets? (This may be unusual based on species or attitude.)
The most unusual pet I ever had was a rabbit. lol In the 80’s and 80’s though I used to show and breed Alaskan Malamutes. I also used to sled with them… like they do in the Iditerod? Pretty cool. I miss that!
♣ How do you unwind at the end of the day?
I blog when everyone is sleeping in my house. lol OR I’ll play a computer game or read or play the piano OR go on Facebook.
♣ What is your biggest pet peeve?
Oh GAWD!!! I have so many I don’t know where to start. I think the thing I bitch the most about is hair in the bath tub. I don’t like dirty bathrooms and am pretty anal about keeping it clean. When I go into the bath tub I don;t want to see little hairs stuck to my bath tub. It will NEVER change, meaning it doesn;t matter how much I crab about it. My husband is the culprit and I swear I’m going to start posting pictures of these little hairs. GROSS.
♣ What item is to your left?
HAHA! Good one! My coffee cup on a coaster! Never without coffee 🙂
♣ How do you think of material to blog about?
Whatever pops in my head. I haven;t really had a problem running out of material. If there’s nothing in my head, then I read all of YOUR blogs 🙂
Okay now I’m going to name some people to pass this award on to. I’ll get as close to 11 as possible but I think people are getting tired of me nominating them. lol It’s a lot of work but I just want you guys to know that even if you don;t want to do awards (and I don’t blame you)… at least you know I believe you’re deserving of the award!
8. http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/ (haha gotcha back FINALLY!)
Here are my questions to all of you! Now THIS will be fun! And I hope that at least ONE of you will answer 🙂
1. What’s your favorite thing to watch on TV?
2. Have you ever experienced the death of someone close?
3. Do you color Easter Eggs?
4. How is the biggest influence in your life and why?
5. What do you enjoy reading in a blog the most?
6. What book are you reading now or what was the last book you read?
7. How many people were in your family when you were growing up?
8. What was the biggest disappointment so far in your life?
9. What has been your biggest achievement in your life so far?
10. Where do you go to find peace? For example, a river, the woods, a room in your house?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
*Deep breath* It’s over. lmbo Remember, I don’t want any of you to feel obligated. If you have time and feel like sharing, please do 🙂 If you don’t, that’s cool too.