Ahhhh…. I’ve been tagged by Tazein. Thank you very much! lol I feel like I’ve been tagged in different ways a lot these days… Because I love Tazein and I want you to check out her blog, I’ll participate. Besides all that, I’m honored that she even thought of me!
The first rule is that I’m supposed to pass along “tags” to the number of people in my name. My name is Michelle, and there’s 8 letters in my name… I’ll tag 8 people.
Now I’ll answer the questions Tazein has set aside for me (there are 11 of them):
1-What is your earliest childhood memory?
My earliest memory is of myself as a baby in a baby bed with my brother who was exactly 1 year (to the day) younger than me. He crawled to my side of the bed and took some of my toys and I bit him. I guess I remember it so well because it could possibly be the first time I received a spanking. I would have had to be not 2 years old yet and I remember trying to tell my mom that I was going to “Tell dada on her”… in baby jibber. She wasn’t impressed. lol
2-From where do you get inspiration for your writings?
Mostly day to day happening or whatever pops into my mind.
3-Are you content and at peace with yourself?
Some days I am, some days I’m not. I think it’s a work in progress.
4-Which is your favorite movie?
There are a few that I love. Gone With The Wind is one big one, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Mar Popins, The Beasts of the Southern Wild. Actually I have too many.
5-What is the one thing you wish to achieve in life?
Again, there are MANY things I wish to achieve… I guess the big one is just trying to live for 4 more years and beat the odds that are given to me so that I can finish raising my daughter. Other than that, I want to break the cycle of abuse that’s been in our family and be the first generation to raise our children with love. I think I’m succeeding with that one.
6-Are you a believer in God?
It amazes me that ANYONE could be so self involved that they think their is no God or higher being. Of course there’s a God. I’ve seen evidence of this many, many times in my own lifetime.
7-How do you pull yourself out of sadness?
I pray and ask God to take it from me. I play the piano or sink myself in a book. I talk to friends and then count my blessings 🙂
8-Which is your favorite place to visit?
So far, I think it might have to be The Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina. I’ve seen MANY places and all are so beautiful in their own right. The prettiest is the mountains of Tennessee and the waterfalls and the bear and and and…. lol
9-Do you have a family, that is are you married with kids or single?
I’m married with children. lol Actually this is my THIRD marriage! Ughhh… But I’ve been married to THIS man for 10 years so I guess I’m gonna stick around 😉 hehehe
10-Do you cry easily or keep it bottled up?
If I were honest, I’d say that I get angry when something makes me sad enough to cry. It scares me so I get mad. It’s very rare that I cry. I DO cry over my children and of course I cried for years when my brother was killed.
11-Aer you self- confident, ready to take on the world?
I’m VERY self confident… the only things I’m NOT confident about pertain to my children. I didn’t have a good parenting example when I was small because my own parents were abusive and unavailable. It’s hard to know if I’m doing the right thing so I’m always consulting others… books, people, professionals… etc…
Now I’ll share 11 facts about myself (which will be extremely hard to come up with new factoids.. lol).
1. I’m watching the Today’s show right now.
2. I’m looking outside my french doors as I type this and realize I need to wash my pathetic and filthy windows.
3. Weird things always happen to me like they do in the movies. It amazes me sometimes.
4. I learned to ride a bike without training wheels AFTER my little brother did. I was 7 years old.
5. I was 9 months old when I started walking for real.
6. I’ve always, from birth, been extremely independent.
7. I was voted Best Dressed in my senior year of high school. Some days, fashion is still important to me.
8. I’ve learned that material possessions won’t make you happy.
9. I’m currently reading “Proof of Heaven” by Eben Alexander. WOW. EVERYONE needs to read this book!
10. I have green eyes.
11. When I was young, my hair was blonder… as I get older my hair gets darker and darker.
How’s THAT for some boring factoids? I’m telling you, I’m running out of stuff to talk about ME. lol
Now I’m going to come up with 11 questions for my 8 people (in case they want to participate).
1. Have you ever had a NDE (Near death experience)?
2. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
3. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
4. Who is the funniest person you know of? It can be someone you don’t personally know.
5. Do you play video games and if so what?
6. What do you do to exercise?
7. What’s your favorite food?
8. Do you cook or go out to eat, for the most part?
9. What color is your kitchen?
10. Have you ever said NO to someone who’s asked you to marry them?
11. What is your favorite song?
So here are the 8 people I’m tagging:
So a recap on the rules.
1. Post a picture of the award on your blog
2. Tagback the person who tagged you to let them know you’ve accepted the award.
3. 11 facts about you.
4. Answer the 11 questions I’ve asked you.
5. Tag the same amount of people as their are letters in your name.
6. Ask your OWN 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
7. Contact the people you’ve tagged to let them know they’ve been tagged.
And Here are MY special rules: NOBODY I’ve tagged really needs to be obligated to play if they don’t want. I realize many people are busy and don’t have time to do something like this and it’s really no big deal. It’s something that should be fun and if it’s not, then please don’t give it a second thought. Have a HAPPY MONDAY!