Come on now, you know you guys have been missing my most interesting blogging awards! It’s been over a week, I think, since I’ve bombarded you all with not so cool facts about myself hasn’t it? Well, because I love you guys and I don’t want you to have to wait a second longer to read ALL about ME, I’m going to be sharing a few more awards with you all 🙂 Thank you Olivia, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Actually, I joke a lot about these awards but I am always humbled and honored that anyone would include me in their list of other cool blogs. I really DO appreciate the love and I’m always happy to pass along the love. If you guys haven’t already discovered how awesome Olivia is, you’ve GOT to check out her writing! She’s one of the most interesting people I’ve encountered on WP. Here’s what she says about herself:
If you’re reading this, then you’re wondering who I am. So here you go.
I live in New York state with my husband, three children, and our Jack Russell Terror. Oh, sorry, I meant Terrier. I’m a Celtic musician and love folk rhythms. Growing up, I rode horses and shot a bow, and generally lived in my own little world where I had adventures with Robin Hood.
I have placed in a number of writing contests with my fiction and I even won first place once. (That may never happen again!) I am currently working on two series. One is set in 1600’s Scotland and the other is a paranormal romance. I expect to release my first novel July 2013.
Tìoraidh an-dràsta (bye for now)”
Here are the rules for accepting The Versatile Blogger Award:
1) Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post
2) Thank the person who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post
3) Share seven things about yourself
4) Pass the award along to 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Here are my 7 self absorbed facts all about me. I’ll try to add pictures so you won’t be so bored 🙂
1. When I was little, I used to pretend that I was a beautiful singer/movie star (usually Dolly Parton or some other singer with big hair and lots of pretty make up). Who ever was on the radio singing passionate love songs that would make people cry. I would imagine that everyone was hearing ME on the radio and that they all loved me. I was the most famous person in the world! lol I think I did this to escape the reality of my abusive family.
2. My bff’s 20 year old son is VERY likely to become a professional baseball player. His pitching is OFF THE WALL fast and accurate and I sure wish I knew more about baseball so I could tell you about how much potential he has! lol The point is that on April 30, he’s going to go show off his stuff to the major leagues. It’s pretty much a done deal that he’ll get signed (this is me VISUALIZING positive stuff for him because I know he can do it!). PLEASE, positive thoughts and prayers for him? It’s been his dream since he was a very little boy and now it’s our dream for him too.
(remember his name cause you heard it here first! Bryar Langley 🙂
3. I used to sneak home every stray animal that I could find. The last time I did this, I was 17 and found a white German Shepherd. I named him Joey and loved to go to the park and play ball with him. One day I came home from school and found that my mom had taken him to the pound because she couldn’t afford to buy dog food for him. I hated her for this and cried for months over that dog. I don’t know why I couldn’t understand. She couldn’t afford to feed us, let alone a dog. I just wish she would have told me… but I would have had a melt down and made her life miserable.
(this isn’t Joey but it’s one that looks like him)
4. I’m a believer in the paranormal and supernatural. I believe that there’s just so much out there that our human minds are not able to comprehend or understand. I think it’s CRAZY that some people are so egotistic that they believe in only what THEIR eyes can see. I believe that God can speak to you in dreams. Oh and while we’re on THAT subject, I love the Long Island Medium and yes I believe she’s the real deal.
5. During the Spring and Summer, I treat myself to a pedicure every 2 weeks. I think everyone woman who sports a pair of flip flops SHOULD pay attention to how pretty their toes are. lol
6. And while we’re on the subject of “feet”… although feet generally make me grossed out, I can NOT resist baby feet! I absolutely adore chubby little baby toes 🙂
7. One of the suckiest things about having this ulcer disease is that I can’t drink alcohol at all for fear of extreme pain and potential bleeding. I used to LOVE Long Island Ice Tea and I really wish that every once in a while I could have one (like right now).
Here’s where I’m going to probably break the rules. I’ll try to name 15 bloggers more recently discovered but 15 is a big number and if I don’t really know your blog, how am I going to know how versatile you are? Basically, I’m just going to bring you 15 cool blogs so here goes:
1. Beth at http://1flashychick.wordpress.com/ (My bff is starting her own blog and here’s my shameless plug!)
2. Justin at http://justingawel.com/
4. Ms Red Pen at http://msredpen.wordpress.com/ (someone I’ve loved since the days of Vox!)
5. Shaun at http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/ (cause I’m always going to shout out to Shaun!)
6. Sue at http://scvincent.com/
7. Laura at http://lauradgumm.wordpress.com/
8. Champ or Will at http://technoteamblog.wordpress.com/
9. Dave at http://barclaydave.wordpress.com/
13. Amy at http://nellieanddot.wordpress.com/
15. Steven at http://justafterwords.com/
Okay… have you left me yet? Hope not! I tried to bring you all a variety of different types of blogs so a lot of thought really DID go into this! lol As always, this is a no pressure award. Take it or leave it but know that I appreciate ALL of you and look forward to these days when I can spread the love around 😉 If you don’t have time to do this, I won’t be offended. Hey, you can always save these awards for the days when you’re having trouble thinking of something new to blog about!
Peace out my fine fellow bloggers!